Avoid being hit by the unknown. Research the painting company you are going to hire!
10 Tips to Hiring a Professional Painting Contrator
1. Make sure your painting contractor is state certified. All painting contractors are required to be certified in the state of Virginia.
2. Don’t hire a painting contractor that uses sub-contractors to do the job. You don’t know who will be in your home and the contractor isn’t required to carry insurance on the sub-contractors, which could be a disaster for you if someone gets hurt.
3. Always ask to see a copy of their insurance policy listing coverage for general liability and workers’ compensation insurance. Check that the dates of coverage are current.
4. Always check to see if the painting contractor is accredited through the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and ask for references. Please go to Superpages.com to check out our references.
5. Look for professional affiliations: Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce, Painting and Decorating Contractors of America, BBB accreditation, BNI.
6. Don’t always take the lower price. The lowest bid is often not the best value. A cheaper price means the contractor has to cut corners and you will end up with a lesser-quality job.
7. Get a signed contract with a detailed layout of the work.
8. Don’t give full payment upfront. With the economy today, people are getting ripped off every day by unprofessional painting contractors.
9. Many painters switch to a lower grade of paint to save money and not give you the quality materials you expect. Make sure your expectations are met with quality materials, not substitutions.
10. Trust Your Instincts
Last but most important – TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS – Did you like their approach and how they arrived? Were they clean, presentable and respectful? Many painting projects take time – is this the type of company that you want in your home for an extended period of time?
What you should expect when doing business with Randy Overacre Painting Co.
1. Responsive office and customer service personnel. 2. Punctual, timely estimates. 3. Thorough and concise quotation. 4. Thoughtful scheduling before the work starts. 5. Strong leadership by site field supervisors. 6. Dedicated and skilled painters . 7. Highest quality workmanship. 8. Attention to detail at the end of the project. 9. Problem solving and troubleshooting during and after the project. 10. Workmanship Guarantee. 11. Follow up after completion of the work.